Free shipping on all $50+ U.S. orders and free returns on full-size U.S. orders.
Journal / Special series
nyfw trend watch: spring 2017
We’re ahead of the trend for Spring 2017. At NYFW, we saw a distinct and refreshing return to real beauty: Natural is back, skin is in, and with a nod to all of the distractions we face daily, our inherent self emerges and simplicity takes center stage. As Well+Good put it, “Forget the smokey eye—it’s all about that glow.”
We love this trend for so many reasons: we know first hand how unnecessary excessive makeup is once you care for your skin, and it indicates how the natural beauty movement is more than just making noise, it’s taking hold.
Backstage at NYFW’s Brock Collection and Tome shows, Tata prepped models’ skin to ensure the best execution possible for these natural looks. To achieve the bright, dewy-but-matte glow designers sought, these models needed fresh, plump, hydrated faces. It was the busiest week of the year, but as Tata treated them, a look of stress gave way and illumination was the name of the game.
The Brock Collection
The Brock Collection, touted as one of the more romantic shows this season, featured the work of makeup artist Benjamin Puckey. He described the look as a sun-kissed flush high on the cheekbones, brushed up brows and a dusty matte pink lip stain, the foundation of which was dewy fresh skin by Tata Harper.
Effortlessly distinct, the look for Tome was described by beauty editors as natural with an edge of universal and tribal, with makeup by Diane Kendal.
Both looks glow in a sophisticated and uncomplicated way. The best part? These are the most accessible looks to recreate at home. Here is the backstage beauty regimen that Tata used for the bright, soft, dewy glow that Vogue editors were gushing over.
- Refreshing Cleanser removes excess makeup and oil for a glowing, polished canvas.
- Hydrating Floral Essence delivers long-lasting moisture and minimizes the appearance of pores.
- Concentrated Brightening Serum promotes a bright and radiant appearance.
- Rebuilding Moisturizer provides a light, dewy complexion that soothes and nourishes.
- Restorative Eye Crème deeply hydrates and brightens the eye area.
- Aromatic Irritability Treatment inspires a sense of peace and inner comfort.